Nixalite® Troubleshooting Guide
The effectiveness of a Nixalite strip barrier depends on how proficiently it is installed. If a Nixalite strip installation does not provide the desired results, the problem can usually be traced down to one or more installation errors. Please use the following Double Check Checklist to help you find the problem and take corrective steps.
The Double Check Checklist
Double check each point listed below. Use the reference information (links to information resources) to check your installation.
- Check your surface dimensions. Make sure they are accurate. NEVER estimate surface dimensions from a distance. Review the steps outlined
on the page Planning Your Installation.
- Have you installed enough Nixalite? Use the Automated Estimate Worksheet to be sure.
- Is the Nixalite spaced correctly on the surface? Review the spacing guidelines provided on the
Nixalite Spacing page.
- Are all of the problem areas protected? Birds will create problems if they are allowed to land above, next to or behind the installed Nixalite strips. Review the information provided on the Planning Your Installation page.
- Did you clean the surface thoroughly before installing the Nixalite strips on the surface? Birds are drawn to roosts by the scent of past inhabitation. Thorough cleaning can eliminate this. Review the information provided on the Surface Cleaning page.
- Have you installed the correct Nixalite model? Each Nixalite model has its own specific application. Make sure you have installed the proper Nixalite model for the job. Review the information provided on The Nixalite Models page.
- Have you installed the Nixalite model correctly? Models H and W Nixalite have very specific uses and must be installed accordingly. Review the information provided on
the PDF pages Installing Model H Nixalite and/or
Installing Model W Nixalite.
- Did you use the supplied mounting hardware? Did you space it correctly? Review the information provided on the Supplied Hardware Installation
Where to go from here..
If you have gone through each step of the Double Check Checklist and still have not found the problem, we highly recommend reviewing the
Nixalite Troubleshooting Guide. This document provides much more in-depth information and offers more specific solutions. This is an illustrated guide that shows you exactly what to look for and how to correct the problem.
If you have reviewed all of the troubleshooting information and still have not resolved the problem, we recommend that you
Contact Nixalite directly. Our reputation for reliable bird and climbing animal control is very important to us and we value the opportunity to help you resolve any problem you might be experiencing.
Nixalite will ask for clear photographs (electronic formats are preferred) and accurate dimensions of the problem area. This information enables us to assess possible problems. In most cases, problems can be diagnosed quickly and corrective measures recommended.
For more information on supplying Nixalite with evaluation
information, go to; Customer
Services or Evaluation
Back To Top